Happy New Year! Hope y’all had a fun-filled holiday season, and have started 2010 on a good note.
Looks like a lot of the usual wine event hosts are slowly getting back from the holidays, so I may be updating this post during the week as I hear of new events. Follow me on Twitter to make sure you get the latest on events as they are announced: @sfwineblog.
Sat., Jan. 9: K&L’s Syrah Tasting (SoMa)
638 4th Street
San Francisco, CA, 94107
noon – 3pm
Many people are saying that–with the high-price of quality pinot and cabs– domestic syrahs are providing the best bang-for-your buck. Plus, wine critics are raving about the 2007 Rhone wines as one of the best vintages in decades. Come see why, and taste syrahs from Northern Rhone, California, and Washington (and keep an eye out for anything from Owen Roe and syrahs sourced from the Central Coast).
Sun., Jan 10 – Bin 38 Oregon Wine Tasting (Marina)
3232 Scott Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
3 – 6pm
Oregon is well-recognized as a top-notch pinot producer, but Northwest winemakers have expanded their arsenal, and are now churning out all sorts of tasty varietals. Come by to try eight different wines from the following producers: A to Z, Abacela, Bethel Heights, Penner-Ash, Rex Hill and Solena. (and hit the Penner-Ash early and often!).
UPDATE: BIN38 has announced the line-up for Sunday
- Rex Hill Willamette Valley Pinot Gris 2007 – Willamette Valley
- Bethel Heights 2007 Chardonnay Estate Grown – Eola-Amity Hills
- A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir 2007 – Oregon
- Bethel Heights Estate Grown 2007 Pinot Noir – Eola-Amity Hills
- Penner Ash Pinot Noir 2007 – Willamette Valley
- Solena Grand Cuvee Pinot Noir 2007 – Willamette Valley
- Abacela Tempranillo Cuvee 2007 – Southern Oregon
- Penner Ash Oregon Syrah 2006 – Oregon